Although the government of
About Disability Living Allowance
Disability Living Allowance is an initiative by the government of United Kingdom to provide social security benefits to physically challenged and mentally ill individuals. Major allowance benefits include
- Tax reduction and tax allowance.
- Housing allowance
- Career benefits, if you are someone who is supporting a disabled individual.
- Vehicle allowance and numerous other small and large benefits.
- There are two parts to DLA- Care allowance and Mobility allowance. While care rangers from £22.65 to £85.65 weekly, Mobility allowance initiate at £22.65 and goes up to £59.75 per week.
DLA was first introduced as an addition to mobility and attendance allowance in 1992.
Who can apply?
Although the act has been going through some rough patch in the recent years, its benefits can still be enjoyed by the following
- New DLA regulations apply to individuals with age less than 16 or have been a member of DLA in the past and are above the age of 65.
- Being a certified member of United Kingdom is amongst the primary eligibility criteria.
- Should have a disability that has been with them for more than 3 months and will be with them for another 6 months.
There are various other regulations for numerous age categories that can be intimidated through DLA’s general calling number. It is important to note that DLA does not vary your pay according to your income standards rather they examine the physical and mental situation of the disabled and assigns payments accordingly.
Dial – 0843 455 7040 for General Enquiries
Dial the general enquiry number to speak to a customer care representative of Department of Work and Pension and clear all your doubts regarding eligibility criteria, types of benefits, procedure to apply for DLA and more. Other support service includes:
- Giving you an instant confirmation on whether you are eligible for DLA or any other disability programme.
- Basic questions like will you be paid even if you are earning? Is there a slab for payment to individuals with certain income? And more can be resolved
- Disabled children under 16 or adults over 65 require guardians to look after them. In cases like this Disability Living Allowance supports the guardians as well. Queries regarding the same can also be clarified
thoughthe number. Allowance for such guidance varies depending on the kind of disability an individual has. Weekly payments are allowed ranging from £21.80 to £139.75.
DLA Call Rates and Details
Although the general DLA number is not
Dial – 0345 605 6055 for Attendance Allowance
Attendance allowance is only for individuals who either are state pension aged or above it with a disability (mental or physical) lasting for more than 6 months. The Attendance allowance will help you cover daily chores like eating, drinking, washing, or others. It will allot individual or individuals to look after you and make sure you are following your medications and diet. The rates for Attendance allowance vary from £57.30 to £85.60 considering the seriousness of the disability and the amount of care you need. To claim the benefits of Attendance allowance you can call the disability and carers service general number.
Call rates are same as general United Kingdom charges. The representatives are available from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM every Monday to Friday.
DLA for transgenders
DLA also provides services to transgenders. Individuals can intimidate the Disability and Carers unit about their or their spouses disability by emailing on email@example.com
The same ID can be used to claim benefits.
Write to the DLA
If you’re not a fan of calling, you can choose to write directly to the DLA office. There are postal services for DLA offices across the country.
- For individuals above the age of 16 can write DLA on their mailing address- Mail Handling Site A, Wolverhampton, WV98 2AH, United Kingdom. It is crucial that they attached the details about their age and residential proof in the letter.
- For disabled individuals below the age of 16, their guardians can send a letter to DLA on- Disability Benefit Centre 4, Post Handling Site B, Wolverhampton, WV99 1BY, United Kingdom.
- Attendance allowance had a separate mailing address. For Attendance Allowance (AA) use- Attendance Allowance Unit, Mail Handling Site A, Wolverhampton, WV98 2AD, United Kingdom.
Tweeting @ DWP
Its rare yet sometimes when none of the communication lines work, you can always choose to use the social media and tweet your queries to DWP official.
Other Contact Details
Text phone for DLA General Enquiries
Dial 0345 601 6677 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Next Generation (NGT) Relay Service for General Enquiries
Dial 18001 then 0345 850 3322- 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Next Generation Text (NGT) Relay Service – For individuals born on or before 8 April 1948
Dial 18001 then 0345 605 6055- 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
DLA Enquiries- for individuals born after 8 April 1948
Dial 0345 712 3456- 8am-6pm Monday to Friday
Textphone DLA Enquiries- for individuals born after 8 April 1948
Dial 0345 722 4433, 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Attendance Allowance (AA) Enquiries
Dial 0345 605 6055- 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Textphone for Attendance Allowance
Dial 0345 604 5312- 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Next Generation Text (NGT) Relay Service for Attendance Allowance
Dial 18001 then 0345 605 6055, 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Dial 0345 850 3322- 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Textphone for Personal Independence Payment
Dial 0345 601 6677- 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Next Generation Text (NGT) Relay Service for PIPEnquiries
Dial 18001 then 0345 850 3322- 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Dial 0800 917 2222- 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday
Textphone for PIP Claims
Dial 0800 917 7777- 8am-6pm Monday to Friday
Next Generation Text (NGT) Relay Service
Dial 1800 followed by 0800 917 2222- 8am-6pm, Monday to Friday